As Mayor and on behalf of the City of Chicago, I welcome you to the Russian National Exhibition organized by the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation, with the support of World Business Chicago and the Chicagoland Chamber of Chicago. The City of Chicago is proud to help host this important event.
Gathering representatives from Russian ministries, regional governments and private companies and enterprises, the Russian National Exhibition helps foster commercial and business relationships in a wide range of areas including education, trade, industry and science. Trough this event, we can continue to strengthen the relationship between our nations.
Chicago continues to develop strong ties with Russian Federation and I value the many links that join our citizens together. These bonds are highlighted by the Sister City relationship we have enjoyed with Moscow since 1997.
I offer my best wishes to the participants and attendees of the Russian National Exhibition for a productive and memorable event.
Greetings to the organizers, delegates and guests of Russian National Exhibition in Chicago
On behalf of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of Russian Federation I’d like to greet the delegates and guests of Russian National Exhibition.
The slogan of the Exhibition is “Reset of Russia-US relationships: let’s change the world by changing ourselves”. It reflects the superior task where Russian National Exhibition in Chicago by our believe is called to be an organic part of its solution.
History of diplomatic relations between Russia and US numbers two hundred years. It contains joint achievements, problems and even serious discrepancies. But in our opinion real partner relations are particularly distinguished for the parties are always ready and able to keep dialog and to find mutually benefit solutions for the most sensitive points.
Recently our presidents have given new impulse for bilateral interaction, approximation of positions for different points. Undoubtedly, this process cannot close up in frames of diplomacy only, it should embrace economical cooperation, business contacts, culture exchange and many other spheres. Only such approach could become the basis of long term cooperation. That is why we consider Russian National Exhibition as very timely step in the direction of intensifying bilateral connections for rather wide range of aspects.
Along with this both Russia and US today solve the problem of support stable development of national economies. Here in the head stands an achievement of postcrisis trace directly connected with modernization and active application of innovations. In this sense the Exhibition is called to assist development of fair interaction of the two countries in the field of innovative development.
I wish all participants of the Exhibition a fruitful work and success!
Minister of Industry and Trade of Russian FederationVictor Khristenko
Russian National Exhibition and the forum «Russia — U.S. „Reset“ of Relations: Points of Growth under New Economic Conditions» are large events aimed at helping improve and develop Russia — U.S. relations in the spheres of business, science and education, culture, and civil society.
Slogan of the events is «Reset of Russia-US Relations: Changing Ourselves, We Change the World for the Better!»
The Exhibition has already been held in a great number of countries. In 2009 it comes to the USA!
Estimated total number of the Exhibition visitors is 12 000 — all who are interested in business cooperation with Russia and searching for reliable customers, suppliers, and business partners in Russia are invited to visit the Exhibition and to participate in the business forum.
Visiting the exhibition is free of charge.
The Exhibition includes the expositions of wide range of State enterprises, manufacturing, trading, logistic, and consulting companies, research and educational institutes, as well as regions of Russia and State authorities.
The venue is McCormick Place, Chicago, IL, F2 hall, West building.
Exhibition managing company is Intellectual Resources Co.
Wide program of the forum «Russia — U.S. „Reset“ of Relations: Points of Growth under New Economic Conditions» on November 18—20 includes conferences, seminars, panel discussions, and press conferences. The Forum events will discuss in details the most topical issues of Russia — U.S. relations in the spheres of metallurgy, agriculture, aerospace industry, trade, pharmacy, logistics, tourism, and science and education.
The Russian National Exhibition and the Forum are supported by Mayor of Chicago, Richard Daley, by the American Chamber of Commerce in Russia, World Business of Chicago, Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce, the US-Russian Business Council, Illinois Department of Commerce and Economic Opportunity, and Mid-Atlantic — Russia Business Council.
Mayor of Chicago, Richard Daley, and CEO of “Intellectual Resources Co.”, Victor Kovshevny at the meeting in Moscow.
Exhibition time schedule
November 18, 12:00 pm — 04:30 pm
05:00 pm — 07:00 pm — Cocktail reception from organizers
November 19, 08:30 am — 04:30 pm
November 20, 08:30 am — 04:30 pm
November 21, 08:30 am — 01:30 pm
Business program time schedule
The Exhibition will be accompanied by wide business program of the forum “Russia— U.S. ‘Reset’ of Relations: Points of Growth under New Economic Conditions” on November 18—20, which includes conferences, seminars, panel discussions, and press conferences. The business program events will discuss in details the most topical issues of Russian— U.S. relations in the spheres of metallutgy, agriculture, aerospace industry, farmacy, logistics, tourism, and science and education.
|Event||November 18||November 19||November 20|
|Conference. Points of Growth under New Economic Conditions||9am–11am|
|Investments in Russia and USA: Infrastructure, Industry, Agricalture||11:30am–1:30pm|
|Exhibition opening ceremony||2pm–3:30pm|
|Briefing for the Press||3:30pm–4pm|
|Cooperation of Russia and USA in Science and Education||9am–11:30am|
|Formation of Civil Society||9am–11:30am|
|Aerospace Industry. Technology and Innovations||11:30pm–1:30pm|
|Life Science. Pharmacy and Biotechnologies||2:00pm–4:00pm|
|Steel and Plastic Pipes Market of Russia and USA||2pm–4pm|
|Experience of Attracting Youth into Science||9am–11:20am|
|Prospective of international horse breeding cooperation||9am–11:30am|
|Alternative energy and energy save technologies||11:30am–0:50pm|
|Briefing for the Press||1:00pm–1:30pm|
|Brains Export-Import, Compatriots Forum, Information technologies||2pm–4pm|
|Tourism. Global Scale of Hospitality||2pm–4pm|
November 18, 2009, Wednesday
8am–9am Registration, welcome-coffee
9am–11:30am Conference. Russia-USA: “Reset” of Relations. Points of Growth under New Economic Conditions
The Moderator is Georgiy Kalamanov, Director, Department of Foreign Economic Relations, the Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation
- Ivan Materov, The Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation
- Yuri Gertsiy, Head of the Federal Service for Labour and Employment - Rostrud
- Sergey Kislyak, The Plenipotentiary and Extraordinary Ambassador of Russia in the USA
- Andrew B. Somers, President, American Chamber of Commerce in Russia
- Edward S. Verona, President and Chief Executive Officer, US-Russian Business Council
- Dmitriy Morozov, Chairman of Board, Biocad
- Rita Athas, President, World Business Chicago
- Lance Pressl, President, Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce
- Dmitry Livanov, Rector of National Investigation and Technological Institute MISIS
- Victor Grishin, Rector of Russian Academy of Economy in the name of G.V.Plekhanov
- Sergey Chernyshev, Director, TsAGI (Central Aerohydrodynamics Institute) (Russia)
11:30am–13:30pm Logic of Investments in Russia and USA: infrastructure, industry, agriculture
The Moderator is Victor Grishin, Rector, Russian Economy Academy in the Name of G.V. Plekhanov
- Gulnaz Kadyrova, Head of the Department of Budget Policy and Finance, The Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation
- Victor Grishin, Rector of Plekhanov Russian Academy of Economics, Potential of infrastructure projects in Russia
- Vadim Grinberg, Editor-in-Chief of National Metallurgy Magazine
- Alexander Kovganov, First Deputy Chairman of Board, Joint Stock Commercial Bank SLAVIANSKY BANK
- John Bonner, Executive Vice President & CEO, Council for Agricultural Science and Technology (USA)
- Sid Bardwell, General Manager, Deere & Company, Moscow Office
- Mikhail Rychev, Deputy Director of Russian Scientific Center Kurchatov Institute, Venture industry in RF
- Markus Klaishofer, Director for Aviation Marketing, Sheremetyevo Airport, The strategy of the "Sheremetyevo" airport as European hub of Russia.
- Vitaly Arkhangelsky, President of OMG Group, Small Ports of Russia: investments into infrastructure projects. Results and possibilities.
- What is more important, infrastructure of logistics?
- What are the best strategies in transportation services market in crisis time?
- What does attract investors in transportation infrastructure projects?
- How do investment projects of different regions and countries compete?
- Business competition and effective management
- Is it the right time now for infrastructure projects implementation?
- O’Hara Airport Administration (tbc)
- Chicago Railways Administration (tbc)
- Chicago Mayor Office, Department of Transportation (tbc)
2pm–3:30pm Exhibition opening ceremony. Presentation of the exposition
The representatives of the Exhibition organizing committee from Russia and the partners from the U.S. will make their welcome speeches. The Deputy Minister of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation, Ivan Materov and the Mayor of Chicago, Richard Daley open the exhibition.
3:30pm–4pm Briefing for the Press
November 19, Tuesday
9am-11:30pm Cooperation of Russia and USA in Science and Education
- Segey Chernyshov, Director of Central Aerohydrodynamical Institute
- Victor Grishin, Rector, Russian Economy Academy in the Name of G.V. Plekhanov
- Olga Smirnova, Ph.D., Professor of Engineering Bauman Moscow State Technical University / Modern educational technologies in frames of the cooperation of Russian and the U.S. universities.
- Alexander Telnov, Berkeley National Laboratory (USA) / Conception of international research and educational center in Russia, developed by the group of the U.S. scientists. Researches in Russia and the USA in the sphere of particle science
- Nataly Zakharyeva, Deputy Chief of Instruction Provision Department for programs and Projects of the Federal Agency for Science and Innovations (Rosnauka) / Perspectives for development of Russian-US relation in science and education
- Svetlana Belyaeva, Editor, "Poisk" news-paper / About the researches of Russian-speaking scientific community of the USA by the example of the publications in the "Poisk" news-paper.
- Ravi Marawar, Academic Program Manager, National Insrtuments / About the attempt of commercial cooperation of Russian universities with National Instrumånts (USA)
- Gulnaz Kadyrova, Head of the Department of Budget Policy andinance, The Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation
- Alexey Gun, Optonanoscope Project / Optic superresolution microscopy by scanning short ragne field by help of nanoparts
- The presentation of the graduates of the Novosibirsk University, currently working at Fermilab (tbc).
9am-11:30pm Formation of Civil Society
- Ummupazil Omarova, Human Rights Commissioner, the Republic of Dagestan;
- Mikhail Mihailin, Editor-in-Chief of Gazeta.ru;
- Boris Zumakulov, Human Rights Commissioner, the Republic of Kabardino-Balkaria;
- Tatyana Merzlyakova, Human Rights Commissioner, Sverdlovsk region;
- Irina Skupova, Human Rights Commissioner, Samara Region;
- Alexander Ilyin, Head of Human Rights Commissioner Administration, Samara Region;
- Pavel Ivlev, Feldmans Consulting, LLC, Cooperation of Business and Civil Society;
11:30am–1:30pm Aerospace Industry. Technology and Innovations
The Moderator is Bill Freeman, Publisher, Aviation Transport Weekly (USA)
- Sergey Chernyshev, Director, TsAGI (Central Aerohydrodynamics Institute) Russia-U.S. cooperation in the sphere of fundamental aeronautic science and academic exchanges: view from the past to the future.
- Boeing - VSPMO AVISMA cooperation perspectives
- Boris Rybak, The Director of Infomost (Russia)
- Konstantin Vekshin, Vice President, Volga-Dnepr airlines, Air cargo operations in Russia. Charter or regular flights?
- Alexander Korshunov, Chief of Sales and Marketing Department, Application perspectives for engine NK-33 in space programs of USA and Russia
- Gulnaz Kadyrova, Head of the Department of Budget Policy and Finance, The Ministry of Industry and Trade of the Russian Federation
- Natalya Molchanova, President of EGO Translating, Effective communications between Russian and Foreign companies in Aerospace projects cooperation;
2pm–4pm Life Science panel (Biotechnologies, pharmaceuticals, health industry)
The Moderator is Val Kogan, President, Mid-Atlantic - Russia Business Council
- Sergey Tsyb, Director of Chemical and Technological Complex and Bioengineering Technologies Development of the Ministry of Industry and Trade of Russian federation
- James Class, Associate Vice President, International Affairs, Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers of America
- Oleg Korzinov, Chief of Innovation Department of ChemRar, The hub for accessing pharmerging market through R&D and co-investment and bolster access and market share in Russia.
- Federal Service for the Supervision of Public Health and Social Development (Roszdravnadzor) (Markets Development Department, Regulation Department) tbc
- Dmitriy Morozov, Chairman of Board, Biocad (Russia), Creation of bio analogue of the beta-1b interferon, as an example of successful Russia-U.S. cooperation.
- Alexander Kovalenko, Academician, Russian Academy of Natural Sciences, CEO of Biological Medicine Institute.
- Stanley Satz, Chairman and Chief Scientific Officer, Bio-Nucleonics, Inc
- Arthur George, Principal, Baker & McKenzie
- Lawrence Kogan, President, Institute for Trade, Standards and Sustainable Development (ITSSD)
- John Gallagher, Board Member, United States Industry Coalition
- Natalya Gruzdeva, Researcher of of Russian Scientific Center Kurchatov Institute, Nanotechnology for genome analysis
- Alexey Marchenkov, Russian Scientific Center Kurchatov Institute Where nanotechnology meet biology and medicine
Panel Description: Russia and the U.S. have the potential for strong partnerships in life sciences research. Development of new medicines and treatments could become a key aspect of a new focus on innovation between Russia and the U.S. This panel will look at emerging enterprises and policy issues and discuss ways to create a stronger innovation partnership in the field of life sciences and biotechnology.
2pm–4pm Steel and Plastic Pipes Market of Russia and USA. Points of Mutual Interest
The Moderator is Vadim Grinberg, Editor-in-Chief, National Metallurgy magazine
- Marat Baymukanov, Chairman of the Board of Non-commercial partnership "Polymer Pipe Systems" / Polymer Pipe Market in Russia
- Tony Radoszewski, President Plastic Pipe Institute, Today's US plastics pipe market overview,
- Robert P. Thornton, President International District Energy Association,
- Larry Stonitsch, President Rovanco Piping Systems Inc.
- Vadim Grinberg, Editor-in-Chief, National Metallurgy Magazine
- Oleg Gorelov, Deputy Director of Corporate Development and Investments, MOEK (Moscow United Energy Company) / Use of flexible reinforced polymer pipes at heat networks of Russian cities.
- Alexander Shmelev, CEO, Polymerteplo / Application of flexible polymer reinforced pipes in heating networks of Russian cities
- Mikhail Rodionov, Deputy Director, Rusmet
November 20, Friday
9am–11:20am Experience of Attracting Youth into Science
- Irina Dezhina, Professor, IMEMO RAN, Russian Speaking Expatriate Science Community in USA
- Elizaveta Ponarina, Deputy Editor-in-Chief, Poisk news-paper. Far-eastern Sea Biosphere Natural Park. Oceanarium. The experience of youth involving into science.
- Alexander Telnov, Researches in the Field of Physics of Parts in Russia and USA
- Olga Smirnova, Professor of Engineering Bauman Moscow State Technical University, Young scientists educational program "Step into the Future".
- Anna Shatalova, Special correspondent, "Poisk" news-paper, Science popularization in Russia. Annual science festival. Scientific museums.
- Liudmila Tsybulnik, Deputy Head of Division, Ministry of industry and trade of the Russian Federation
- Ravi Marawar, Academic Program Manager, National Insrtuments / Robots for Children
9am–11:30am Prospective of international horse breeding cooperation
Moderated by Ms Irina Shreyner, Chief Editor of Alpha Kentavra magazine
- Akhaltekinsky breed, Orlovsky breed, Rehabilitation riding for disabled persons, Paralympics sports
11:20am–1:20pm Alternative energy and energy save technologies
Moderated by SuperTec Company (Russia)
- Vladimir Arkadov, General Director of SuperTek, Perspectives of alternative energy in Russia
- Alexey Egorov, The Dean of St Petersburg State Mining University Geological Faculty, Scientific Research on Fundamental and Application Aspects of Mining and Energy Spheres in Russia;
- Galina Sartan, Financial Director, of SuperTek, Complex System of Application of Energy Saving Technologies in the Field Reduction of Energy Expense
- Vladimir Krylov, Managing Director, NAO-Pro, Problems of Certification and Standardization of Equipment
- Mikhail Nikulichev, Deputy Managing Director NAO-Pro Solutions for Staff Training for the New Industries
1pm-1:30pm Closing press conference
2pm-4pm Brain export-import and Compatriots Forum, Information Technologies
- Problems of employment and qualified personnel for leading industries
- Crisis and unemployment: regulation of employment
- Mutual business migration and emigration: law regulation
- Return of the "golden brains" to Russia
- Professional retraining
- Social adaptation of dismissed people
- New challenges of the economy for national educational systems
- Global jobs market: fight for qualified personnel
- Competition of countries under crisis conditions: new economical world map
- Yuriy Gertsiy, Head of the Federal Service for Labour and Employment - Rostrud
- Elena Sulyagina, Chief of Supervision for Service Provision in the Employment Field
- Victor Kovshevny, CEO Intellectual Resources Co.
- Val Kogan, President, Mid-Atlantic - Russia Business Council
- Svetlana Sokolova, President, American Association of Russian Language, Culture and Education
- Boris Foxman, Tax and Financial Planning Consultant, NBAC
- Dmitri Dubograev, Mergers and Acquisition Attorney, Femida
- Niels Hauffe, Consultant in Strategic Partnerships and Marketing, NWV Market Discovery
- Igor Evseev, Division of International Investment and Trade, State of Maryland Department of Business & Economic Development
- Olga Tarasova, Editor-in-Chief, Russian-American Business magazine
- Irina Grinevitskaya, President, Rulist
- Human Rights Commissioners of Russian Regions
2pm-4pm Tourism. Global Scale of Hospitality
- Andrey Damaskin, Director Diners Club Russia
- Galina Mitrofanova, City Center of Reservations and Tourism / New Days - New Ways to Save
- Margarita Yakovleva, Department of Tourism of Irkutsk Region
- Vyacheslav Statsenko, General Director, Voyage & Co.
- American companies specialized in incoming tourism to Russia and US.